Sunday, February 6, 2011
Stylish Blogger Award !
I am so excited because last week, Chunky Mama from Chunk and the Game awarded me with the Stylish Blogger Award.
I accept this award on behalf of my children. Without them, I would not need an outlet to express myself in more than one syllable words.
I'd like to thank the Academy, err I mean Chunky Mama, for giving my blog a chance and becoming one of my first followers to whom I was not actually related. Her blog always makes my day and we may or may not have been separated at birth.
In order to accept this award, the rules state that I must share seven things about myself with my fabulous readers, so here they are:
1) I do not own a laptop. I think I really need one. Not having one is really cramping my blog style!
2) Sometimes I really miss my old office. It was my own personal space, and anyone coming in to bug me could see over the desk and typically did not need their diaper changed.
3) I spend a lot of time watching my girls sleep. There is something so soothing and relaxing about watching their little faces drift in and out of dreams. It is not as big of a time commitment as you might think. They don't like to sleep very much.
4) I really want to be a hockey mom. I also really want my girls to grow up with straight noses and all their teeth. Therein lies the rub.
5) I have a hard time going to bed before 11:30 pm. Usually it's more around midnight, at the earliest. I often wait for Sweet Hubby to get home from work because I actually like to spend more than 15 minutes a day with him.
6) Food is my only vice. (Well, maybe Diet Coke too, if you don't think that counts as food) I may even have some kind of weird eating disorder that makes me want to eat everything, all the time. This has gotten much worse since I have been home full time.
7) I feel personally aggrieved by the new Weight Watchers Point Plus system. I did so well on the program the last time I needed to lose weight, and this time, I just cannot get the hang of it. Please refer back to number 6.
Now for the really fun part, I get to pass this award along to blogs (I am going for five) that I have discovered recently, and my picks are:
Katie is a licensed clinical social worker who gives amazing advice on how to relate to your kids. She gives me hope that I may someday get my act together and figure out what makes these girls tick!
Donkeys to College
A hysterically brilliant combination of humorous anecdotes, editorial commentary and current events.
A brand new blog by a writer, who I happen to know got an awesome college education. She has a gorgeous outlook on life, and a family to match.
Party of Five
April has great things to share, and her blog is fun to follow. Besides, she quotes Dave Matthews Band on her title page. How cool is that?
Funambulism for Beginners
Another amazing new blog by a woman who is trying to balance it all and tell her story along the way. I can totally relate!
So that is it for this fantastic Sunday afternoon! Time for some QT with the kiddos and Sweet Hubby!
Posted by Sarah Scarola at 3:18 PM